Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fabric Frenzy

So, my latest sudden obsession is sewing. Which is probably not going to last long, since a) it means clearing off the table and setting up the machine each time I want to use it, and b) I still have nightmares about Home Economics in year 10...still, I've embraced baking, so why not sewing? Gotta get that Stepford Wife into gear!

I've chosen two gorgeous but (supposedly) easy patterns to start with. This is for Emily (and hopefully I'll have leftovers to make one for Hannah too:


And this is for me! How gorgeous is this apron! Since it's reversible, I'll use the brown beaters and the apple print for each side, and the blue dots for the trim.





All material bought at fabricworm.

Wish me luck!


5 comments:

Jodie said...

OOOh great fabric choices, fabricworm is my favourite store!!! I made that skirt for Miss B before Christmas, and I love it... she loves the twirl factor mainly. Good luck, it's way easier than school sewing ;)

Carol said...

Oh Good Lord ! First Jodie and now you. I will make quilters out of you both yet ! hahahahahaha Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Elle said...

Oh, I can just see that apron...too cute! Never heard of fabricworm, but haven't been sewing of late. How do you find the time for it all?

Bec said...

Where did you buy the pattern from hon?

Jana said...

I really love that apron! just checkin out blogs today and stumbled upon yours, maybe I will have something on my blog that you'll like too!

Post a Comment