Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My obsession...

...is digital scrapbooking. I know, some of you will think it's geeky. But it's not. It's about taking photos and telling stories, presented in a nice-looking way. Many people think it's all about piles of cardboard, puffy stickers etc. Well, maybe it was one day but not now!

And doing it digitally means I can store all my supplies in a tiny box (well, on my computer too, but nowadays I have an external hard drive). I can reuse the same piece of paper/ribbon/cute little thingie over and over again. I can change the colour or tone of anything. I can make it the size I want it. I don't have to use my own handwriting (though I use other people's quite a bit ROFL). Perhaps the best of all, it makes no mess - and my children can't destroy it!

Anyway, a secondary obsession of all scrappers is photography. I am crap at it, trust me. But I'm trying to improve! I even took my camera off manual the other day and played around with aperture, ISO and shutter speed at the same time. And got this photo:






Which thanks to a kit by creashens and Fei-Feis stuff (buy it here) became this:




Journalling reads: "Could there be a cuter alarm clock? I love that Hannah wakes up so happy. Most morning there is no crying, just happy sounds alerting us that she is awake, then huge smiles when we enter her room. She must get it from her Daddy, because I am so not a morning person ;-) "


So now, there are cute photos and an insight into Hannah at this age - and also an insight to me.


Now, to tie this in with this blog...remember my Project 365? Well, I've still been doing it (mostly) but just slack in posting them up here. One of my favourite digiscrap designers, Tracy Ann, has the most gorgeous templates to help me keep these organised, and because she's made them Shutterfly ready, at the end of the year I can upload them to the Shutterfly site and they'll come back to me as a gorgeous bound book!


Of course, I haven't actually DONE my January layout yet (husband away, kids cranky) but if you pop over to here you can see some that other people have done!

Oh yeah...another reason to follow that link...you could WIN the templates! The whole year of them! Cool huh!

6 comments:

Carol said...

That page is just as cute as can be, you have a little smiler there on your hands!! Don't worried, there are a lot of obsessed peeps out there like yourself, we're all telling our own stories and loving it !! You're in good company.

Kat said...

what a gorgeous page, I'm on a bit of a break from digi scrapping as my laptop is on a bit of a strike when it comes to photoshop :)

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Oh wow. I didn't even know this existed. That looks amazing. x

Katy said...

You are so talented!!! I've always wanted to get into scrapbooking, but I'm not creative. I'll let clever people like you do it instead. Love it!

Miss Nell said...

Wow I checked out Project 365 and its terrific!!! I had a look at some of your previous work as well and they are just awesome!! When you manage to get January in the bag let me know so I can check it out!!!!

Heather said...

So what software do you use to do your digiscrapping? I'd love to do up pages and get them all bound like that! You must teach me, oh scrapping guru...and why is it we find out all the things I wished we could do together when we move 2000kms apart

Post a Comment