Monday, January 5, 2009

30 things in the year I turn 30.

Wow. How did that happen? I'm going to be 30 this year. Wow.

All in all though, I'm pretty darn happy with how my life is shaping up! A wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters, great family and friends, a nice (ish) house, enough money for the essentials and for a lot of the non-essentials too! Can't complain about that!

So anyway, I wanted to set this blog up to document this year. I know the general concept is '30 things before I turn 30' but I turn 30 halfway through the year...and I'm only just getting started! So I decided to make it '30 things in the year I turn 30'. Besides, one of the things on my list (see Wicked) cannot be done until my youngest daughter is old enough to be left with Daddy/Nana for the weekend...which won't be till October/November ;-)

I guess I should start by listing them, so I can get an idea of what to aim for!



1) See Wicked (the musical) in Melbourne with J (best friend).
2) Acknowledge all birthdays of family (grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins and cousins' kids.)
3) Practice fondant icing.
4) Make lots of cupcakes!
5) Lose 15kg.
6) Be able to jog a few blocks without stopping.
7) Start playing piano again.
8) Get my hair cut and coloured in some funky way that I can actually live with!
9) Eat chocolate only once a week. And only good chocolate.
10) Learn how to take nice photos with natural light.
11) Declutter.
12) Start my teacup/saucer collection, especially the Zandra Rhodes butterfly teacup I have coveted for years
13) Join the Simply You scrapping challenge at Scrap Artist.
14) Decide what colour KitchenAid to ask for for my 30th.
15) Have a big party!
16) See more of my friends when in Perth.
17) Implement my version of Stacy's Library of Memories
18) Print photos monthly.
19) Get professional family photos done.
20) Make our bedroom a sanctuary (no more floordrobe allowed)
21) Document the cute things Emily says!
22) Paint the bathroom.
23) Live more eco-friendly.
24) Learn how to change a tyre (I used to know, but need a refresher).
25) Visit Adriano Zumbo's in Sydney.
26) Take at least one photo every day, and document them (I'm a bit late to start...but will make it up!)
27) Play with Emily every day - make crafty things
28) Enjoy my bubby cuddles with Hannah while they last!
29) Buy myself something from Tiffany's.
30) Start a gratitude journal - write something every day that I'm grateful for.

4 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Great blog!

4 + 5 might no go hand in hand though. :P

Good luck. x

Amanda said...

What a great list! I look forward to following your accomplishments.

Amanda xx

Krysbrem said...

Ohhh you're a thinking Alissa! Some of those on your list are on my list, well the one in my head anyways :)

Actaully started the teacup collecton too!

Carol said...

Wonderful ! We will be keeping you honest by checking back. As for the tyre thing, I know how to change it but the nut screw bolty things are so tight it doesn't matter that I know, I can't loosen them anyway.

Post a Comment