I'm a bit sick of writing my things here, I want my gorgeous diary instead! But I got it sent to home...and I'm still on holidays. So here we go.
I made the YUMMIEST cupcakes today, with fresh strawberries in them. Here's the recipe, courtesy of Sprinkles Cupcake bakery in USA, and Martha (god bless Martha!)
Find the recipe here.
Ingredients
Makes 1 dozen
2/3 cup whole fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (this is plain flour in Aussie terms!)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature (about 115 grams)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
2 large egg whites, room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (about 180 for Aussies). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
Place strawberries in a small food processor; process until pureed. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree, add a few more strawberries if necessary or save any extra puree for frosting; set aside. I put 1/2 cup puree in as I wanted them a bit more strawberry ish.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.
Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake until tops are just dry to the touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely in tin before icing.
Icing recipe is here.
Ingredients
Makes enough for 1 dozen cupcakes
1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries, thawed
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, firm and slightly cold (about 230 grams)
Pinch of coarse salt
3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions
Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioners' sugar; beat until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree (I put a bit more than that LOL); mix until just blended. Do not overmix or frosting will incorporate too much air. Frosting consistency should be dense and creamy, like ice cream.
I made the YUMMIEST cupcakes today, with fresh strawberries in them. Here's the recipe, courtesy of Sprinkles Cupcake bakery in USA, and Martha (god bless Martha!)
Find the recipe here.
Ingredients
Makes 1 dozen
2/3 cup whole fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (this is plain flour in Aussie terms!)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature (about 115 grams)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
2 large egg whites, room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (about 180 for Aussies). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
Place strawberries in a small food processor; process until pureed. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree, add a few more strawberries if necessary or save any extra puree for frosting; set aside. I put 1/2 cup puree in as I wanted them a bit more strawberry ish.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.
Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake until tops are just dry to the touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely in tin before icing.
Icing recipe is here.
Ingredients
Makes enough for 1 dozen cupcakes
1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries, thawed
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, firm and slightly cold (about 230 grams)
Pinch of coarse salt
3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions
Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioners' sugar; beat until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree (I put a bit more than that LOL); mix until just blended. Do not overmix or frosting will incorporate too much air. Frosting consistency should be dense and creamy, like ice cream.
They are really nice served with the extra puree over the top!
I also have a recipe for Coconut cupcakes that I want to try this week...lucky my 21 year old brother still lives at home and eats like he has hollow legs!
I'll post my weeks worth of photos tomorrow!
Right, for my list:
1) Em is really into 'who's who' at the moment. She's forever trying to identify people; eg 'Nana is my mummy's mummy' and 'Nana O is my Nana's Mummy'. She also likes to talk about how when she is a 'growm up', she'll do particular things, and when we (ie me, Nana) get 'little' we can do Emily's things LOL.
2) Hannah completely escaped a double wrap last night. Found her this morning completely unwrapped at the top end of the cot. My baby is on the move!
3) I am extremely grateful for Martha Stewart. How can you not be!
2 comments:
Ohhh thanks Alissa going to attempt to make these today, children pending of course
Yummo! They look fabulous. I'm a big Martha fan I must admit. Love Austar on a Sunday morning, 4 hours of back to back Martha! LOL
Post a Comment